View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:52 AM   #586
special-K
Special Order

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

Cool 'uns. I've been GM-only since '82 when I wrecked the '69 W200 I had. I'm not a bigot, though. Always said "I like XXXs, just don't want to own one". It's just preference mixed with familiarity, and a dose of consistency. All of these rigs you guys have shown are high on my appreciation list. I always liked the first Bronco and used to fantasize about downsizing one of my Blazers to that size. Then came the 78/79s. So cool...first full-size, last solid axle, last boxy truck design, and only 2 years. I knew these would be hot. All the pre-80 4wd Fs held their value like the '87 GMs did a long time into the normal dime a dozen used vehicle phase everything goes through before climbing as a hot classic. That baby blue rallye pack is a sharp looking scheme on the last Scouts and Terra. I really like those Terras, too. IH and GMC have always been a notch above in my truck world as these are the light end of real truck companies. Chevy trucks are like an afterthought that became the prominent figure by no merit other than buyer mentality. People who liked the car wanted that brand truck. That's where I started.

Lemme see what I have to show I haven't already. Hard to keep track at this point in this thread, and no way I'm scouring through to check!
"There's no such thing as an ugly truck...unless you're a car guy"
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-23-2017 at 07:21 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote