View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #22
FLJerry

Re: Just another old truck.

Earl aka Clarance J,
I just found your thread, and I must say that you have some great ideas and put them out there for others to really enjoy your work! I especially liked your method of securing the radiator (post #39), adding that cool fan shroud (post #69), and your building those inner door panels (post #80).
But, most of all, I enjoyed you showing us how you put together the full tilt front end on one of our great trucks! When I started my “Bucket List”, ‘55 Chevy truck, RESTOMOD, several years ago one of the first thing I decided on was a full tilt front end. I still have a long time to go before I get to a place of designing and building my full tilt front end. So, for now, I have added your build thread to my reference library for future use. I hope to design/build a full tilt front end that (1) slides forward 5-6 inches before tilting -- that way the fenders won’t have to be cut and also they will clear the cab, (2) tilts to close to 90 degrees -- that way, old forks like me can work on things in the engine compartment and (3) uses linear actuators to do the slide and tilt actions.
Great thread and keep up the good work...
FLJerry
My build: https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129275
FLJerry is offline   Reply With Quote