Thread: 8 lug slot mags
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: 8 lug slot mags

Alcoa made those Super Singles with the holes and the five spoke star pattern.

And Weld also made the Sidewinder and Outback, both wheels I ran on trucks and everybody loved them.

Next time they come out with a good looking wheel I'm willing to use, I'm going to stop people when they open their mouth to compliment them. It seems once the powers that be hear people love a wheel with no reservations, that is when they decide it's time to halt production.

Same as 33/12.50-16.5 BFG A/Ts. They insisted on halting production along with the rest of the industry...probably to force us to buy one of the many new useless bigger diameter wheels and rims the world switched to for no good reason other than make wheels and tires cost more with so many sizes and shapes to provide when just a few used to do just fine. Yeah, I know. Run on sentence. That's how rants work. Anyway, the buying public showed so much demand, BFG kept making short runs. They'd get sold right out in no time flat. Make another batch, same thing. On like that till they finally just plain stopped to carry on with their planned obsolescence scheme. Now I'm no hot shot bean counting business man, but in my simple mind it would seem any product that sells out as soon is it's available is not the one you want to stop producing. Then again, there are a lot of bean counters who walk with a limp. Gotta suck shooting yourself in the foot!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote