Thread: Lowering ?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #12
panhead59

Re: Lowering ?

Of course I am trying to do it as cheap as possible but here's the plan. I've got a 68 swb c/10 that I want to lower, most likely 4/6. 2/4 just doesn't seem low enough by pics I've seen. I want to convert to disc on the front while I am at it and need a new master clyinder w/power booster. I need to either buy axles or find a 5 lug rear. (540-520-3418 if anyone has one) Will need springs, pan bar, shocks and mounts for rear. Not building a show truck, just a nice sunday driver. Not even "hot rodding" it. Not interested in used parts mainly to make sure everything works together and long term dependability. I don't want to ever have to touch this stuff again. ( I'm 60 yrs. old) Front end kits with tie rod ends, ball joints, spindles, spings, etc. look like the way to go. So the cheapest combo,, but not new/junk, will be my investment range. Will buy new wheels when the time comes. Just 15" Craegers most likely, nothing modern looking like big wheels. So wheel choice is also under consideration doing this front end.

Last edited by panhead59; 05-24-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added text
panhead59 is offline   Reply With Quote