View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #15
jdunnalp

Re: New (to me) truck

Interior Pics. Story goes that original owner was handicap and used a walker to get around. Had a camper or shell on the bed and drove to nearby lake and fished off the tailgate in the summer and hardly drove the truck otherwise. Guy I bought it from is 2nd owner and collected original cars but didn't have the means to fix them up much. He owned it for 8 years or so but kept it with a few Yenkos and Z28's and Caddy's (which I saw) in an old barn on his property. He drove it occasionally but not much, so he says. He also re-painted it factory white and re-painted engine (clean job) but all this was years ago when he first got it. It has air bags in the rear suspension which he says were factory install, I have no idea, you all would know more than me. He said the same about the front spot as well. Mileage claim of 46,000 original and some other parts of this may be a big story but here is what I do know, the truck is clean, rust free (very minor surface rust on chassis), body is straight (minor door alignment issues), drives great, brakes are new, bed looks original (I saw no signs of replacement in or under bed), and front end is very tight which could indicate mileage being correct. He replaced some items but seat looks original (he says it is, what say ye) but he didn't go overboard and he always used correct parts. It just doesn't look molested or messed with too much. It will be a great occasional driver for me, my wife and four kids. Hope to keep it a long time. Don't really plan on doing much to it other than preservation of current condition and general maintenance.
Attached Images

jdunnalp is offline   Reply With Quote