View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #18
MMcMasters

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

I have been slacking on keeping my thread up to date. After a lot of back and forth, I ended up going with an American Autowire Classic update kit because I have used them in the past and their stuff is top notch. I started on it last night and I was able to finish the dash portion of the harness. I will be eliminating the factory gauge harness, factory heat/ac harness and a good portion of the engine harness because of all of the modifications I have made to the truck. . It seems like a waste but once you look at what I removed, it's not that much.

I also got my engine management harness, PCM and TCM in as well. I mocked the harness up and cut my hole in the firewall for my harness grommet. Once the engine covers are on, the harness practically disappears. I'm mounting the ECM/TCM and relay panel in the cab so everything will be hidden away and clean.

I also got my battery mounted in the rear. I still need to wire both front and rear body harnesses, wire my Dakota Digital gauges, finish wiring the vintage air, fuel pump and make my runs from the battery to the engine. And did I mention that I hate wiring

Also, I completely failed on my goal of firing the truck by Memorial Day and I'm pretty bummed about that. I'm just going to keep my head down and keep working on the truck as much as I can and hope to be driving it sometime this summer. This picture is for my motivation only

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote