View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #144
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

OK - now time to see if the rear tires fit (fronts will have to wait for a while). I dropped the bed into place and spent some time getting it positioned right. And yes - the left tire is sitting back just a little - just realized the top 4 link bar isn't bolted in to the rear end - but the right side is and it fits almost the same.

The rear tires barely clear the fender lip at the top, seem good in the front, and make contact at the back where the fender tapers in. There was only one backspace available for this wheel and i knew it would be close. I can just slide my fingers in at the top on each side but there is tire/fender contact toward the rear.

So - two options I think - one - do the time honored baseball bat fender roll and flare it out a little (and also flatten the lip, etc.). I'm not sure this will work with the taper to the rear - seems like stretching that might just pull other parts back in? or two - narrow the rear by 3/4" each side and there's room on the inside for this. Any thoughts? Anyone have success flaring out the fender?

I do know there's a third option - adding width to the fender but I'm not interested in that one.

Thoughts?
Attached Images