View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #213
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
yay! this is one of my favorite trucks, thanks for updating
I'm honored! Admittedly, I've been slacking on the updates, though not much happened with the project between January and April, between the weather and other non-project issues.

My MIL moved out here from AZ last July and was living with us until she could get a place of her own. She never found herself a home, so she ended up buying a refurbished mobile home that we let her set in the west pasture. The day it was delivered, a neighbor came by and pointed out an unmarked gas line that traversed the same area where her mobile had been set. The gas line was put in 40 years ago and there was no record of the location.

Of course, the gas line also happened to lay in the same area her plumbing was to be trenched in. In the long run, we moved the gas line and got her settled in, but all of that mess pretty much killed my days off and project time.

My plan this week is to move the truck back up front from "winter storage", disassemble the front clip and get the engine bolted in. I'm still a ways off from being able to fire it up, but installing it will be one more step in the right direction.

-Joe