View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 01:06 AM   #1060
ApacheIvan

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevyhighlander View Post
Where did you get this or did you have it reupholstered?
There is only one guy in the world that does these and he supplies them to only two places I know of. This is the original plaid material that is specially woven and very expensive. And the proper color, texture and scrolling work in the vinyl. I bought mine at Southwest Classics in Dallas. You are going to want to talk to Nick, (Nicholas Goodman on FB). www.swclassics.com. This is a perfect tight fit and everything is exactly how it was new. Not cheap. almost 800 for bottom and top covers. I believe he can get any color. I got the last green one and not sure if he has the gray or orange in stock. He told me today that he has some on order. If they are not already ready for shipping it could take a few months to get. But well worth the wait and the cost. I am very pleased, it cost more than my living room couch and I make sure my clothes are clean before I drive it Just finished it like 2 weeks ago. I was told in another thread the other supplier is carsinc. I don't know the cost of theirs but they look the same. If you want to do it yourself the only people still weaving this pattern is SMS Auto Fabric @ https://www.smsautofabrics.com/. It was late 2015 when they were finishing up a new roll and they quoted me 95 dollars a yard the bolt is 60in wide and would take almost 2 yards to make. BUT the vinyl I did not source and no idea how to do the scroll work. To be honest the 779.00 I paid swclassics was well worth it. the cloth is backed and everything it done right!

Last edited by ApacheIvan; 06-06-2017 at 01:31 AM.
ApacheIvan is offline   Reply With Quote