View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #778
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmabolt View Post
Those interior pieces look great Rick! Can't wait to see this thing completed already. Vroom Vroom!
Chris
Thanks Chris! Getting real close now. Once I get this carb dialed in I should be able to take it for inspection and registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Good job getting your truck dialed in!

Well, not entirely dialed in. Yesterday I got a chance to start it up cold (well it was about 90 degrees in the shop) and it took a lot of nursing the throttle to get it warmed up. I suspect I still need to open up some things in the Quadrajet's idle circuit but didn't want to make more than 1 change at a time. But I wonder about a couple things it is hard to find specific answers on.

Should the choke always close when I press the accelerator for startup, even when its hot outside? Even if the choke doesn't close, should the fast idle cam engage? Mine isn't so the engine is having to warm up at the ~650rpm regular idle setting. I suspect I've still got adjustments to make on the choke linkage.

Oh, and just got good news. Even though the tracking number showed under the $50 shipping charge it was actually for the other part of my order - a couple of window crank handles which I did receive. Who'd have imagined it would cost $50 to ship a couple small/light items that cost < $10 Headliner hasn't shipped yet so not lost or stolen - whew!

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500

Last edited by rgunlock; 06-12-2017 at 02:09 PM.
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote