Thread: Building a 6.0
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 12:04 AM   #20
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Building a 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post

@BR3W_CITY If you had a headache why type so much? Lol. But seriously you sound like you're talking down to me in that post. If you have experience then share what you've seen without the "ugh what are you talking about noob" attitude. I'll admit I'm a noob with ecu's and I was basically regurgitating based on mental notes in my head. I forget the specifics but somewhere on the internet I came across several cases of almost quad digit HP levels and the stock ecu would do something unexpected and need to be spoofed or have a total left field adjustment made to the tune to prevent the unexpected behavior. Whether the unexpected behavior was the result of going outside the stock ecu capabilities as you said or less than stellar tuning know how is unknown to this noob. I just regurgitated it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge though, I generally enjoy your posts.
There is a fine line between talking down to someone, and quelling BS. I have no problem with opinions, or interpretations of information, but saying "there aren't many 800whp cars on stock ECU's" isn't an opinion, its just a rather baseless statement. And that type of statement gets an eyeroll, it just does.

Now, as for the quad digit power thing, again, give me a specific motor or ECU in question. I see 4 digit cars multiple times per week, on pretty much every ECM config. If there are "tuners" having problems with big power, its probably on GenIV stuff because they don't understand VVE/GMVE, or on GenV because they don't know how DI works. Any forms of spoofing or fooling sensors is hackery unless its a temporary fix (or I guess if your working on pre-OBD stuff where MAF clamps etc are the only option).

Its fine that you don't have experience with high HP tuning, I'm spoiled because I get direct access to top tier stuff, which itself is a fluke solely because my partner is an oem ECM calibration engineer. I wouldn't have a clue where to have started years ago if I couldn't just walk down the hall or make a call and get any information I needed.
Just be hesitant to repeat information without any real base. Its great to learn, and there's insane amounts of info out there. Second guess/source your sources, look at a variety of info and you'll be able to put it together as you build your knowledge base (if its something you're curious about). Its probably easier to focus on one ECM/Gen and learn it, like GenIII to start...and then take what you know and work up through increasing complications on GenIV and GenV stuff.

Am I harsh about it? Possibly. Don't take it personally tho.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD

Last edited by BR3W CITY; 06-24-2017 at 11:42 AM.
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote