View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #7
toolboxchev

Re: Pic needed for th350 kickdown and edelbrock carb

Give me a few. I too ran into unseen things when installing a 1406 manual choke unit. Take a look at the pics. I pulled some very unconventional things and additional needs that I thought unnecessary.

My application is a 1970, Edelbrock called for a new transmission kick down adapter which then required a new trans kickdown cable???? That totaled another 200 bucks on top of the Carburetor purchase. My truck was actually produced in late 69 so it had a 69 model kick down cable as far as I could tell.

Here is how I solved that dilemma.

First Pic: I used the floating pin from the quadrajet originally on the vehicle

Second Pic: Purchased inexpensive Edelbrock adapter for Dodge which ties the whole unit together. I had to cut it down grind the end where the spring attaches. It was like 9 bucks.

Third Pic: Cut down a bushing to utilize the stock metal accelerator linkage with a washer and pin form my old quadrajet.

Fourth, simply tied in the manual choke with an inexpensive cable kit available at most autoparts stores. Let me know if you would like to do it this way, I can find the Edelbrock part numbers for ya!

I did also have to use their carb to manifold adapter, but this ended up being a better deal all the way around. Have not had an issue with it even with the plug wires in close proximity.
Attached Images

Last edited by toolboxchev; 06-27-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: update with pics
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote