View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #1150
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

I have been working on my house and yard getting it ready for my sister and her family to come visit so shop time has been limited.

Chris and I got a bit of shop time in one Sunday. Since the hood was thrown on at 3:00 am before Lonestar Throwdown it was never adjusted properly.We got it close and called it done. Consequently the hood managed to shift backward and got to close to the cowl cover.

While shooting video with Gears, wheels, and motors the hood caught the cowl and put a slight kink at the back of the hood. Needless to say that busted my bubble on what had started as an awesome day.

I am pretty sure that my PDR guy can fix the hood. in the interim, we needed to get it fitting properly. That turned out to be a disaster as well. While opening and closing the hood for adjustment on the latch, the release cable decided to break. Chris came out of the cab with the handle in his hand and that deer in the headlight look. This was not good considering the hood was shut tight.

We managed to access the cable under the truck and cut it in half. We removed the cover and pulled the cable enough to get the hood open. I immediately removed the latch entirely. We were finally able to get the hood adjusted correctly by tweaking the hinges and now it shuts squarely.

I ordered a new hood release cable, and a new hood latch mechanism too. I'm not taking any chances on that happening again.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote