View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #89
joedoh

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
Here's 4" from the frame on the front mounts. I took an inch off the top. What I didn't account for was rake haha. I made the cab perfectly level...well, the frame isn't perfectly level I'll have to redo the rear mounts I think, they need that extra inch put back on.

Pretty close to perfect and the ride height for me is spot on, so thanks for the tip! With larger wheels and a 3" spindle I'm going to be right where I want to be pre-bagged.

Now I can start fabbing the core support while also working on getting this V8 engine running.

the bottom of the center section of frame is level, you can measure up from the bottom, the top does sink in the footwell area for more room on the s10.

they dont make a 3" spindle, but you can chop one full turn off your stock springs and use a 2" spindle and get your 3" drop. my advice is to wait to cut the springs till you have everything mounted (engine, front clip) because s10s sometimes have a "lean" to the drivers side and taking an extra bit off the passenger coil is a good way to combat it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote