View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #93
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
thats nice when you have a pattern to go on. I was saying you can measure the height of your mounts from the bottom of the frame to the top of the mount, instead of from the top of the frame which as you say does get shorter towards the front mounts. the reason the rear cab mounts are made "higher" is because the cab floor is not perfectly flat, it is higher in the rear than the footwell. I noticed this same thing on the mounts I designed for my 41, the rear mounts are 3/4" higher, I used a straightedge and measured up to the floor

I havent ever put any rake on the cab in relation to the frame or running boards so you might be in territory I have no experience with. I always level the frame and then mount the cab level with respect to the frame, then the running boards level with respect to the cab and frame. in my opinion this makes mounting the bed easier because you dont need angled spacers, the rear section of the frame is level too.
ha we're saying the same thing. My little degree gauge said my frame was resting at 2 degree incline. Could be the garage floor who knows, but I set the cab down with 0 degree incline thinking that would be level with the frame. My own silly fault for not matching the angles. 2 degrees is a noticeable difference over 6 ft

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote