View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 05:31 PM   #95
HUSSEY

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
A picture would probably be the "uh huh!" I took all the sheet metal off just now so I'm looking at the engine again and there is space to move back afterall once I stuck my head in there. Maybe something like this would make sense. I could flip the brackets and weld them in?
Don't know if you've done anything with your mounts yet but I used a very similar mount bracket adapter. I flipped them side to side and bolted them to the chassis. I then bolted the rubber mount to the motor.

I used the lower bolt hole and trimmed off the top of the mount (the upper bolt hole). You do have to "oblong" the chassis bolt holes for the lower mount bolt holes on the drivers side...you'll see...kind of weird how GM did it that way. The passage side will bolt right on though.

As far as placement, the adapter plates are set right in the middle of the slotted bolt holes.

The 2.8 mounts are considered an upgrade to the 4.3 mounts. You can use the 2.8 mounts or Corvette mounts, I think the Corvette mount adds around 10 HP, Anchor Brand P/N 2436 and 2713, respectively.

I have some pics in my thread, post no. 24.

Last edited by HUSSEY; 07-27-2017 at 05:39 PM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote