View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #2114
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Friday, July 28, 2017

Photos below show some of what's done as of this week. Most of the spaghetti hanging in cab is in the standard AAW kit for power windows and door locks which I'm not using.

- Dakota Digital HDX cluster was put in today. I REALLY like its look. YMMV
- Dome light, cigar lighter, ignition, gas tank sender are in and terminated.
- Tail, license & headlight wiring is run to the destination, but not terminated.
- Tail lights and license light won't be terminated until bed is installed later.
- ECU next to battery. It'll be directly connected, but they give you 4 ft. of cable. That's all the cable coiled on top the ECU in photo.

As of now, I am running no reverse light/s. I can do it with bed roll lights, small lights near the license, one bigger light underneath, or maybe not use one at all.

The only thing that was not done as promised was re-assembly (disassembled to be polished) & installation of steering column. So I need to pick a steering wheel soon or possibly use the stock wheel for awhile.

There will be a main shut off for the battery and some kind of theft control which hasn't quite been decided. Of course I won't be posting photos or much discussion about that.
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 07-28-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote