Thread: brake question
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #42
nvrdone

Re: brake question

I don't know what to say other that what ive already said
the truck has the stock front brakes & rear brakes are from a mid 80's c10 because that's the rear axle that I have in the truck
all shoes and drums were replaced before the change to the dual m/c & booster. the kit is from CPP with a mustang m/c & booster
all lines have been replaced with stainless steel lines. hoses are braded lines. lines are routed in stock location.
m/c does not have a check valve in either front or rear port. added 10# residual valve to both sides.
system has been bled multiple times. vacuum bled, pressure bled & the old fashioned way of pump the pedal.
m/c was bench bled.
when rear line is disconnected & m/c is plugged, the pedal pressure stays the same with engine running or not.
when rear line is hooked up & bled, the pedal is hard when engine is off, but goes soft when engine is started & booster is working.
at this point, im at my whit's end. I cant see any thing that ive missed. im about ready to start drinking. as a side note, ive been in the auto repair business for 18 years, so ive done many brake jobs.
any, thanks for all the help and ideas
parking brake is installed & working. was in & working before conversion.
nvrdone is offline   Reply With Quote