View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:29 PM   #791
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
When does it surge? I'm thinking lack of fuel, possibly a bigger main jet or needle too low or too fat, even a primary? Pending load and rpm etc.
The surge is occurring just sitting there idling. It is my understanding that the jets and needles don't really come into play until you give it some throttle. I'm also thinking that the fuel flow isn't smooth and best I can determine from my research is that I need to open up the restrictions in the idle circuit. I just haven't done it yet because I was advised to focus on timing and idle mixture settings (and I don't want to ruin the carb )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Man what a difference, beauty!
Thanks so much! May have to get it out this weekend and see if its even possible for me to "accidentally" leave some marks on the driveway like a beautiful white dually I know of

No pictures yet but I think I should be able to finish up my AC this weekend. I've made up and hooked up the hoses. Got a vacuum pump and AC manifold, kitchen scale and some R134a but discovered the compressor belt I'd got isn't long enough.

Bought an insurance policy for it today. I know, it would have been smart to have had at least comprehensive coverage for some time now but... Since this is my own thread I'm going to rant a bit. Called my agent that I have 6 vehicles and my house covered through. They can only offer "antique" vehicle coverage that limits my driving to shows, parades and occasional pleasure cruising if I want an "agreed value" coverage. If I want to drive it anywhere, anytime I want (which I do) they can only offer the typical coverage. If I have to make a claim they will "consider" its restored state given that I can provide pictures and receipts, but will not guarantee me anything above KBB or NADA value. I asked if there was a way that I could avoid having them decide it was totaled if I was in an accident where the damage was repairable but perhaps more than THEY valued the truck (probably the case for anything worse than a fender-bender) - I don't want to have to deal with a salvage title if I decide to repair it myself. Sorry, can't do that either! If I were to purchase a $40K equivalent new truck, no problem with insurance. If I spend $20K restoring one to near-new condition they can't deal with it. Ok, end of rant.

Did any of you have better luck finding a reasonable policy for a situation like this?

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote