View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #422
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I think I FINALLY finished the P/S cab corner!

It's UGLY, buy it's done.

Filled in the small gap I had at the edge of the cab corner. Again it's ugly, but done.

Of course I made the job longer and harder than it had to be by drilling holes to plug weld areas that did not need to be plug welded, and drilling holes to plug weld an area that my spot welder could have reached.

Here is the back of the cab corner plug welded to the floor. I checked the floor side to make sure the welds were going through. I used a self tapping screw to get the metal to touch; I did 1-2 holes at a time and just kept moving the screw. I gave a quick weld to the screw hole and grinded it down with the flap disc.

These are the holes that I did not need to drill at all.

And this is the front that I could have just used my spot welder on. I used the spot welder in between the holes I made, and then plug welded the holes as best I could. Some did not have much metal behind them and were just filled in.

Tomorrow I will try and get the other side done and the back of the cab, but if I can get the wife to help me move the sheetrock from on top of the bed and onto the wall, that takes priority.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote