View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #1
68Stepbed

Back in action!!!

For those that don't check the sub-forums, I've had a THREAD in the "Suspension" section for the TCI Engineering swap in my 68 stepper. I finally got the swap completed, the engine back in and running, and some final touches, adjustments, and alignment done just in time to make it to the NSRA Nationals in Louisville, KY last weekend. I finally got a brake issue sorted out the Wednesday night before the show and was able to take it for it's official first test drive that night, drove it to work Thursday, back home to load it in a trailer and head out for Louisville that evening. Then I went straight to the Autocross on Friday morning and started giving it the proper shakedown.

Overall, the truck did very well for the first time out on a whole new setup. The fastest cars were in the 42-44 second range and on my fourth or fifth run, I managed to get a best of 46.716. However, I couldn't seem to get any faster, staying in the mid 47's the rest of the day and all day on Saturday. The best run was while the parking lot was still cool with some overcast skies, but when the sun popped out and heated the surface, the Nitto tires just wouldn't grip. So I'll be putting on some shorter, stickier tires to run autocross events with.

I also have a few tweaks and adjustments to make with the shocks and alignment specs, but I should start getting faster soon!!

It felt so good to have the truck back up and running since I started the tear down back in February. Anyway, here's a few pics and videos of Slick back in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRz9U...ature=youtu.be

Yes, I know I was eating lots of cones. I wass till just trying to get a feel for the new suspension and how it feels and reacts. I'm going to have to change some driving habits.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system

Last edited by 68Stepbed; 08-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote