View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #295
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Been awhile since I posted in here! Whew! It's been a busy summer. Didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted. But I accrued more parts and even installed a couple things.

New aftermarket Ididit tilt steering column installed. It fits great, but I have one complaint in that the plug and play adapter is too short. Since this is their universal column it fits almost anything, and then they include the correct electrical adapter (made by AAW) for your vehicle. It is a very nicely made column and I clear coated the bare metal after I wiped it down with solvent to remove the oils that were on it to prevent rust. Hope the clear coat holds up on the portion that sticks through the firewall into the engine compartment.

Also picked up my new shifter. B&M Pro Stick. Need to fabricate a mount for it as it will be too low mounted to the floor.

More to come soon. Not many pics, but if anyone is interested, I will take more pics of the wiring adapter that came with the column. All quality made in the USA stuff. just too short in my opinion. I contacted AAW to see if they have a longer adapter and they don't offer one. But the guy said they can supply the adapters without wires so I can make my own. Which I might just do.

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote