Thread: What's this?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #17
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUbesto View Post
Tony,
The red wire from the kickdown switch is connected to one of the two male prongs on the tranny. I haven't traced the red wire from the "KD" switch to see where it originates. I'll do that this weekend.
I believe it's supposed to be orange. Here are my notes on it, for whatever they're worth:

Switch mounting: The kick down switch mounts to the accelerator bracket using one 3/8" notched tipped screw. The screw thread is 1/4" x 5/8". The screw inserts from the RH (TS). The switch plate has two tabs that insert into holes in the accelerator bracket from the RH (TS). The two pins for the connector are on the lower side of the switch. The pins face the LH (TS).

Kick down switch wiring: A two point connector (pink & orange) plugs into the kick down switch with the orange wire on top.

• Pink wire: This wire plugs into fuse box label "RADIO". A connector comes from the fuse box with a second pink wire, which is for the radio.

• Orange wire: The orange wire routes through the firewall using the same grommet as for the oil pressure line. The wire is above the oil pressure line (see oil line for correct positioning). This wire is in woven sheath to approx. 4" from the grommet in the engine compartment.

• The orange wire connector plugs into a second orange wire connector, which runs to the transmission boot connector. This wire uses two retainers spot welded (or riveted) to the firewall. One is located on the LH (TS) of the firewall pocket and the other is parallel below it.

A wire(s) retainer mounted on the transmission using a 1/4" head machine tap screw. The screw hole is approx. 6" from the end of the boot connector. The screw thread is #10 x 5/8".

NOTES:
For a two pin system (i.e., kick down & TCS), the vertical terminal on the transmission is for the kick down.

See Transmission Controlled Spark.

See this thread for the solenoid/pass through: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=730139
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote