View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #2884
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Thanks to MercDan keeping his eyes peeled, I was off on a small cross country trip in Prozac yesterday.

He has spotted a pre-60 Chevy 3100 and a Powerstroke F350 Diesel Dually on one of his backroad shortcuts and let me know about it, well, anyone who was interested.

I thought that if I sell Prozac and add some savings and the Tax mans cheque this could go into storage for another day.

So dressed in one of my Lucky T-Shirts, I set off in Prozac to do the quick 28 miles to where it was.

One of the lanes........ we know a Martin, don't we.

Yes.......

This is England for sure.

Some of the lanes were the width of the car, with passing places randomly along the way.

Got to the place, found the house and went in to knock at the front door, twice, no reply.

So I walked around both trucks once, and realised they were not for me.

The red truck has not been taxed since 2008, and the tax disc in the front window showed 2006.

So something catastrophic may have happened.
The Powerstroke had flat wheels and has clearly not moved for a long time either.

So I got back in the Berlingo and drove home via my local village and got a haircut, then home to pick Katy up who had arrived in the mean time.

We went to Bunny Bend, one of the roundabouts a mile from where I live known for its massive populations of bunnies, and picked about 8kg of yellow hedgerow plums, really good to eat fresh, but I wanted to cook some jam/jelly
After that I drove to another spot where I knew of two different red plum trees, where I had eaten fruit in previous years (yes, I do love fruit, especially stolen or wild growing)
There I picked about 2kg as well.

This meant we would have around 8kg in fruit once all the seeds/stones were removed.

From there back to the village to buy 8kg of sugar and a small bottle of lime juice.

I will just show the results on here and do a separate thread for those interested in giving it a go.

And No....... I have never made jam before that I can recall, we just made it up as we went along.

Cooked, just ready to bottle.

Yellow plum jam.

Made 14 bottles.

Today was a mix of red and yellow plums.

Great taste and colour.

Total 26 bottles.

Weekend still not over.

PS. Bootfair sucked big time today, spent only £3.00 or $4.00

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote