Thread: Dual Tanks
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #14
wilkin250r

Re: Dual Tanks

There shouldn't be anything inside the tank to prevent a hose from getting down in. It's not like these new vehicles and their anti-siphon devices. These are old trucks, you should be able to push a small fuel line down. I wouldn't worry about forcing, it's a rubber hose, not a metal rod. I don't even think you CAN push a rubber hose with enough force to damage anything. The rubber will give out before anything else will.

But if it were me, I'd probably go straight to the source. I'd crawl underneath and pull the fuel line off the switching valve, and connect an extension with my fuel filter and electric pump. I'd want to see the fuel exactly the same way it would be delivered. If there is corrosion or clogging at the sending unit itself, you won't see it if you pull the fuel from the filler neck.

Then again, it's easy for me to crawl under mine because my fuel lines are 4ft off the ground. I might think differently if it were more difficult...