View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 06:28 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: anyone ever track down the original owner of their old truck/car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
whats the story and how did it go? i would think it would be a good thing to do if you ever wanted to sell it, maybe the original owner would like it back.
I never have and the reason is stated above. I have had the opposite, the original owner tracking me down because they wanted it back. I didn't like being put in the position of being the bad guy who loves and cares for his truck for being unwilling to part with it just because someone decides years later they want the truck back that they decided to sell. I was made to feel like I shattered a dream for not playing along. I did take the info for when I ever would sell it, called years later, and this same person who about begged for the vehicle was no longer interested.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote