View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #20
mr48chev

Re: Bickleton Wa car show

When I was teaching Auto mechanics in the 80's I used the mechanics shop that was in Bickleton at the time as one of the few places where a mechanic was expected and might have to work on anything and everything. He might have a half million dollar tractor sitting out front needing attention so It could go back to towing a 50 ft wide disk though the wheat fields, a 50's pickup in a stall getting a brake job and a five year old Cadillac getting attention along with what ever else people took in.

As the roads are twisty and rather steep in both directions it is on a very popular motorcycle ride route and the Bluebird inn is a popular lunch with a brew spot for them. In the winter it becomes somewhat of a base camp for hunters and snowmobile folks.
On days of home baseball or basket ball games or track meets you can find the whole town and most of the surrounding farm folks at the game even if they haven't had a family member in school for the past 30 years. Your kids don't get away with much because word of the stunt they pulled beats them home.

It is 40+ miles to the closet Walmart or supermarket though an I am not sure the town has a working gas pump anymore for the public.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote