View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Re: Interesting truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I guess I agree and disagree with some of the posts, not that that matters though. I lean more to the side of this isn't my impression of a rat rod. It's a custom movement that takes a rat rod several steps further. As if George Barris had a kid with Mrs Munster. Kinda. Having said that, the Munster-mobiles were indeed high end Barris "Customs" but by no means rat rods. I see cars (or trucks) like the one posted as much more a far out Custom with rust than a rat rod. To me (and this is just me), a rat rod is a 32 hi-boy that hasn't been painted and has no chrome on the motor. Something I'd love to tinker with.
You just described a jalopy.

The truck is just an ornament now when it could actually still be a very useful work horse, even with rust. They don't all have to be show vehicles. It's a cool piece of rolling artistic expression heavily influenced by the current rat rod trend. If it's not a rat rod then we need to come up with a name for all these vehicles I see like this. Rat rod works for me, which is a type of custom but certainly in a totally different category than what I know as a custom truck. These days what we mostly see are mild customs, in the body department, with everything else heavily customized. The early customs were all about body alterations. These are full customs of today with body mods. Also not my cup of coffee, but can usually appreciate the work:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-17-2017 at 06:17 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote