View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #7
Ole Greenie

Re: 2002 LM7/4L65E Swap limp mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesTruk View Post
John, your problem sounds exactly what I faced when I did my swap. Turned out to be a faulty PCM. Could've been a bad reflash. A company was referred to me (PCMperformance,com) that dealt with reprogrammimg/selling PCM,s. They had me fill out a worksheet as to what I had/wanted, then I purchased a new PCM from them. It was like someone turned on a switch, and the truck woke up and ran beautifully! It's amazing that you can have both performance AND fuel efficiency. As for your transmission, it indeed, needs to be connected to the PCM for proper function.

Lee
Hey Lee and everyone who chimed in...

So, I took it to a tuning shop. I must me climbing the "AGE" ladder or something but they told me that the trans program within the PCM had been turned off. Then it all rang a bell! Since I had originally mated the 5.3 to a 700R4, I had requested to make the program like a manual transmission...3 years ago.

Anyway, 2 days and $300 later, I am on the road. I feel kind of stupid but thankfully it was something realitively simple to remedy. Everything works as it should, but definitely will have to take it back to adjust.

I'll tell you what (southern emphasis), this is prolly the best thing I could have done...LS and built (Mad Dog Transmissions, Cumming, GA) 4l65e swap. This thing runs like a scalded dog. The down shift from 2nd to 1st is simply exhilerating! Just burns the tires...275s with Eaton LSD out back. This combo works well together as I never imagined a $900 LM7 5.3 (w/80K) would ever be able to beat a hemi charger today (street racing is illegal! ). No cats, cam, and headers certainly help. Mustangs may be a bit different...as that Coyote is a really good motor.

So, Lee and the others, I'm having a ton of fun! Thanks so very much for your candid mentorship and accumen. This thing is a beauty to drive (purists are pretty special too!) but if more knew just how well these drive coupled with the imense power (given 3500 lbs.)...more would be doing this swap. Looking back, it is definitely worth the time and expense. Now I have to fly to AZ to help my dad with his 67 3/4 ton 2006 LQ4/LS2 cam and 4L80e swap!

Very best to all...John
My Mistress
70 CST Short/Step
LS 5.3/4L65E
New motor install Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=667773
Ole Greenie is offline   Reply With Quote