View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #7
Cdubvw

Re: New suburban owner

Figured I would update my original post here. So far I have replaced the tires which was unfortunate since the old ones were put on before and only had a few hundred miles on them but were pretty dry rotted. I have begun the paint correcting process and it is going well. The single stage is beginning to shine up while keeping the original state. I had to weld up a broken door latch, re wire the stereo, clean up some engine wiring and I removed the seized ac compressor. The good hinges have been replaced as one buckled and broke, new fuel pump and lines to replace rotted ones and all new brakes. I have put about 500 miles on it since we got it and have been loving it. Next up is fixing the most annoying belt squeel ever! The belt drive is not set up correctly because the engine has a long water pump and the power steering, water pump and alternator are running off 1 belt. Problem is the heads do not have mounting holes for brackets to mount the alternator on the pass side. So I am going to go back to a short water pump and figure out how to make the belt drive workbench correctly. Problem now is figuring how it is all mounted and sourcing the parts. None of the junkyards in my area have any c10 trucks and I am a total visual learner so I need to see it in front of me..
Cdubvw is offline   Reply With Quote