View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #764
idbeast

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

[QUOTE=ptc;8038156]Oh well dont need brake lights anymore cause I just broke off the brake pedal assembly.... can you say MAJOR SETBACK!!!! --- this thing is ready to run! and no brakes!!!

Remember this custom thing I made out of a Wilwood multi-res assembly to go under my floor?

Well I just snapped the end of that long 1/2" bolt off that pushed the ram into the booster. I guess Im just gonna have to take the whole thing out and start over with a different idea.... tear up the firewall again and weld in
some type of STANDARD brake pedal assembly like regular "white-folk" do..... instead of this redneck backyard mechanic stuff!

oh well.... thank God - good thing it happened now instead of out on the street!!!!

I need a vacation --- think I'll go to Florida!

Okay so this is what I essentially made (from scratch)

This is an $80 Porsche clutch lever.....

I used just a 1/2"-13 Bolt black steel and then I had to drill and thread 1/4-20 "pins" on either end for the pedal and the lever. So I removed 50% of the bolt material on both ends
and thats why it failed right at the 1/4" threaded hole on the lever end.
QUOTE]
ptc, use a pillow block bearing bolted to a plate and mount it under all 4 bolts of your bracket, to support the brake pedal shaft, you are sticking out way too far unsupported!
idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote