Thread: 72 K30 Build
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #1122
7dee2

Re: 72 K30 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen View Post
Such a great looking truck Brett. I really need to figure out how to get some forward progress going again. I know, action creates motivation...just can't seem to generate action LOL
Hey Mike, thanks! It is really tough to find all the time required to do a complete build (especially if you’re working full time and raising a family). Also, there is the burned-out factor, some people never get past those two. You my friend have made it thru both and just keep going. The truck is important to you for several reasons and just a little effort when you can give it the time and eventually you will get there. You know a wise Nike once said “Just do it!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
The group at Semi Service are top notch for sure.

I have dealt with them a lot over the years when I plowed snow. They were always Johnny on the spot for repair or parts.
No kidding, nothing but good stuff to say about the Semi Service group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Brett, I bet you had everyone there coming to check it out. Anyone I know would.

Good deal on the bed. Hopefully CM comes through now.
Good news it looks like they are going to!

Flatbed update; For obvious reasons CM wasn’t initially on board with the whole bed replacement idea. It was decided that the K30 would get a face to face meeting with a CM big wig that was coming to town to congratulate Semi Service for meeting or exceeded a sales goal with CM (something about taking delivery of 700 CM beds!), they were being treated with a Taco truck lunch for the whole crew (dang it, my meeting was in the morning so no taco for Brett)!

Nova (the Semi warranty rep) felt that if he saw the truck and the issues in person that perhaps a replacement bed could happen for us.
A few days later we did take truck back out and met briefly with Billy, CM’s National Fleet Director and some of the Semi folks, after going over the issues he agreed to a replacement and promised to personally inspect it prior to shipping! Sahweet! Going forward we’ll just continue using this bed while waiting for its replacement to arrive. Semi will remove and reinstall the new, repair and then sell the old bed.

CM is really coming through for us and making it possible for a complete do over. Thinking our replacement bed will get a little larger tool boxes and a cargo light installed after the bed arrives. Most everything else will remain the same.
Attached Images

72 Cheyenne/K30 Super 133" DRW SOLD Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=645614
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@6dee7-7dee2
7dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote