Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957 Chief View Post
Looks awesome! I can't wait to get my stack of boxes too!Bubba
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Looks like Christmas came early!!
No doubt the excitement is huge. Especially when you have known about this for 2 months, but couldnt say anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85/Silverado View Post
It must be nice to have friends... And not live in the middle of nowhere so you can get help when you need it.
Can't wait to see the work in progress in case I want to try it.
Fortunately my nephew Chris lives nearby. He has bailed me out several times and is a fantastic assistant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom.Chevy View Post
Are you going to mount the 4 link inboard of the frame or out side, inside allows for massive tires but outside is more stable. Do you have to cut out the factory coil pockets or cut a large hole to accommodate the coil over , and Lastly how much uptravel are you going to have on the coil over when sitting at ride height? Is the coil over going to limit the up travel or will the truck bottom out via cross member ,exhaust , ext ext.
The RideTech 4-Link is a 100% bolt-on design with minimal cutting and no welding required. C-Notch brackets tie in directly with the upper crossmember, while link bar mounts use factory bolt holes in front along with factory axle pad mounting points.
This kit mounts outside the frame in the factory leaf spring position. There is plenty of room for clearance of 12" wide rims and tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I have all the confidence in you, Chris and Keith that you will get this job done in plenty of time! Nice work so far.
Thank you sir. I couldnt ask for a more patient assistant than Chris is. Keith drove 4 hours to bring serious tools and a wealth of experience and knowledge.
Assuming I make it, the task would have been close to impossible without their help.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote