View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:03 PM   #57
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Starting the overall replacement of front suspension today :-) drop time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaStewySnipes View Post
Glad it worked, those look good. Another trick I use to remove rust is Bar Keepers Friend for chrome. I works well and extremely efficient and safe for chrome. I buy it from Wal-Mart also about $4, mix a tad of hot water to make a medium thick paste and apply in swirl motion with a tooth brush and let it sit for 10 min and make sure it does not dry. Go back and hit it with tooth brush for a few min and it will make chrome look new with a nice polished finished and no rust. Used it on my Moroso air cleaner, I forgot to take a good before picture. But there was tiny rust spots fairly on the top in areas and inside on bottom plate. It blew my mind how well it worked. The air cleaner looks good as new.
Those look great, and thanks for another tip. Local Walmart doesn't sell the Rust for Must, and I bet they don't have Bar Keepers either. Common for this town, they usually don't have what I need, and when they do it's cheaper on Amazon. So I ordered two quarts on-line. Don't know if I'll use both, but it's there if I need it. I'm real anxious to use it on the hardware. I just took the paint off must be 300 pieces (yikes), so that's coming soon.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote