View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
Matt_50

Re: Rear bushings, bad springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
I have heard of guys using springs from a ford ranger or chevy S10. you can usually find them at a wrecker and take the frame mounting brackets along for the ride. otherwise the ranger frame brackets are available from dorman, at autozone I think, and will be on the outside of the frame. the S10 ones will have to be salvaged and will place the spring under the frame.
the small trucks will have a better spring ratio for a light truck like these. the original are a little heavy but some guys take a spring leaf or 2 out.some guys also put the overload spring in that looks like a really thick leaf on the bottom of the pack and take a few others out. that way the spring pack has a back up if things get a little too much for the pack to handle.
if you mount the springs next to the frame just be sure you will have clearance for the tires and wheels with the hangers in there.
So i could find an s10 and the springs and hangers will mount under the frame similar to the ADs setup? What years?

Yea, outside of frame just seems real wide. But my searches keep pulling up rear end swaps and spring kits.
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote