View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #1
Alberta65

Porterbuilt hood hinge issues EDIT: PLUS BAD REVIEW

Finally got around to installing my hood hinges, pretty darn happy with the build and quality of the hinges. A couple holes don't quite line up but it's just due to the different bends for the cowl. My biggest issues!!

I got everything mounted then realized the hinges down clear the heater line coming out of the box that runs down to the water pump. Kinda pissed as there Is no mention of this issue when purchasing and I live in the great white north so no way in hell im deleting the heater core.

Any advice??

EDIT: now that I have cut apart my heater box and still keeping a positive attitude about it all I decided to mock up the hood. The hood brackets were tacked in place and yes I measured about 10 times cause it's so precise. Anyways! Hinges fit nicely and lined up with hood brackets.... HERES WHERE I GET PISSED OFF.... I started all bolts into hinge brackets by hand then maybe turned them in once or twice just to keep the hood in place to see if it shut.... wel f**k me if every one of those little bolts it's jammed into those threads. I was above
To remove all but two without breaking but Jesus Christ I'm pissed. It appears to me that when he welds his nuts on to the back of the hinges the heat is ruining the threads and causing binding issues. Basically seems like cheap metal issues.....

MY OPINION. If you spend $400 on a set of hinges they damn well better be perfect, which does not mean needing to tap every hole and redo most of the welds......

Unfortunately I would not recommend anyone else deal with this crap and because of these hood hinges and this really little but annoying issue I will definitely be trying out GSI for my front crossmember next winter....
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Alberta65; 10-08-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote