View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
Brettm

1959 1 Ton Chevy 3800 4x4

After lurking here for quite a while I thought I would post my build thread. I hope to repay some of the great ideas that I got on this forum for others. A little history on the truck I got it from a Farm in Eastern Idaho in about 2002 and the owner said the old girl had been in his family since it was bought of the dealer. So being a broke college student I almost passed on buying the truck but my wife talked me into it so I added the man $100 bucks and the deal was done. But sadly the reality of college life and starting a family meant the truck got put on the back burner for quite a while, until about last year when I decided it was time to either sell the truck or actually do something with it.

I was planning on doing a Mustang II suspension but the cost always put me off. Then I found Orrieg posts and Dyno so I talked by brother out of some 3/4 Ton axles from a Mid 80's chevy and the project has started. I will try to upload photos as I go thanks.

Here are a couple from when I started a really quick paint job to stop the rust.

Last edited by Brettm; 10-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Brettm is offline   Reply With Quote