View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:55 PM   #28
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Where to mount my turn signal lights

[QUOTE=Black_Sheep;8058262]Beautiful looking car! I understand your dilemma because I agonized over putting front turn signals on my '37 Packard. It was built without turn signals at both the front and rear.

The lights that special-k suggested would be my first choice because it would be most appropriate for a car of that vintage.

Second choice would be some type of motorcycle light mounted on short stanchions slightly above the bumper.

Third choice would be the headlight/turn signal combo. Even though it would probably be the simplest route it is also the most modern looking option. It would look out of place on an otherwise stock looking vehicle.

On the '37 I couldn't decide, so I left the front turn signals off...

Absolutely one great looking rare car Black Sheep ,,I can see you staying original as that is what you have for an old classic
All what you said above that others have said is good advice and I am still in the scratching my head which way to go

With mine I feel I can vear off some from original as my 39 is not numbers matching and I am wanting more of a hot rod of the 6o-ies look ,,excuse me now while I save a photo your 37 packard