View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #167
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

I now have the same brackets! Radiator work this evening probably. This weekend was playing with the steering shaft. I have a post about that here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=748573

In other great news, I am pretty much done on the accessory drive and steering pump. A bit of cutting and grinding and it all buttoned up. I am waiting on the water pump pulley since I needed the smaller diameter one. Then I'll measure the route for the serpentine belt and get one ordered.

I was also able to play with pedal position and after making a base plate as suggested by the S10 build thread for the accelerator pedal, mine are almost exactly in line with the picture here:

Even more good news, by mounting the accelerator pedal about an inch higher than I expected, the bracket lines up with the old vacuum tube inlet for the wipers. That hole in the firewall happens to be the perfect size for the plastic grommet from the S10 throttle cable After testing the pedals, I'm actually pretty happy with where they sit. I'd love to move the seat back some since I'm a bit crunched up, but I think that's just what it feels like driving an old truck.

Finally, last week I scored a 1950 Chevy fleetline deluxe steering wheel for $90 off ebay. Fit perfectly in the steering column. I still have to figure out how the horn is connected and wired up. It's just a bunch of plates and bolts right now with no instructions. Its minus the horn trim ring which I'm hoping was optional to the button in the center.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 10-16-2017 at 03:05 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote