View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #57
WIDESIDE72

Re: Picked up a 70 Longhorn w/ a 396/ TH400 and a NICE rust free cab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trac209 View Post
Very cool,glad to see she was kept together. There’s very few of those longhorns around where I am,in fact I’ve only seen one in the last 25 years.
I am just trying to get her usable as a backup truck. I still have not ruled out swapping the cab clip engine aNd trans onto a 71 swb chassis i have. I have an 01 2500hd duramax that is my tow beast. I dont really need anything with an 8.5' bed and a swb fleet has aleays been on my wish list. If it was a 71/72 longhorn with disc brakes, i would contemplate seapping the 8 lug suspension into the swb chassis, just to be different, but would do that with the drum parts. I believe that at the end of the day, all of my machines should earn their keep. Im also into old farmalls and they all have some attachment such as a mower. Its also easier to justify having so much junk if you can claim you use it. I sold the garage queen truck in my profile pic for this reason. It was what my dad thought he wanted but he lost interest when my mom passed away. I had to take over putting it back together in order to get his money back. Probably broke even not figuring my time.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote