View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
l_alvis

Re: '71 C30 Flatbed Budget Restomod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtwork View Post
Nice Truck! Been thinking of doing this swap in my 72 c30. My 350 is low on power and uses antifreeze. I'd be interested in seeing particulars on your swap. I too would retain the SM465 trans if I go through with it.
I can take pictures of anything if you need it, but it truly wasn't as difficult as I had imagined it would be. Lots of parts were interchangeable and the lack of fuel injection made the wiring super easy. Off my head I recall using ICT Billet motor mount plate adapters along with the factory rubber bushings and the power steering line was OEM, just had to swap the adapter fitting on the back of the new pump with the old one. Clutch linkage was probably the most thought-intensive project and it would've made a bit more sense to go with a hydraulic setup, but I was being real cheap on this build.

The trans itself bolts right up with the exception of a missing bell housing bolt, but that's hardly a concern with this setup. Flywheel is for a 4.8 or 5.3 LS that came with a 5-speed and the clutch is what comes with these trucks from the factory.
l_alvis is offline   Reply With Quote