View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
l_alvis

Re: '71 C30 Flatbed Budget Restomod

The clutch I used was from Napa (1104064). It fit onto the Sachs 4.8/5.3 flywheel pretty much perfectly, a little bit of friction material hung off but no where near as bad as a 10" clutch would. The flywheel is so thick you don't need a crank spacer like you would with other setups. LS7 pilot bearing was used also.

Linkage will be subjective depending on exactly where you mount the engine. I originally bought the Scoggin-Dickey pivot ball adapter believing that would be the only thing I'd have to do. Of course, it became more involved than that with the SM465 bellhousing having different spacings on the bolt holes. So I used a piece of tube to space the bracket back, but now the entire geometry was off. I had to move the factory bracket on the frame rail back about 6" to be in line with the pivot ball. For the z-bar I chopped the arms off and welded on new ones made from a piece of 2" steel bar. It took a bit of time to mock it up, but that's where you will be changing the length and angle of both bars to get the best leverage. Other than that, the rod from the cab was never adjusted and I used a piece of threaded rod between the clutch fork and z-bar since the factory rod didn't have enough adjustment.
l_alvis is offline   Reply With Quote