Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #1313
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Well I'm really fighting this one, I have the top front of the door as far out as I possibly can via the adjustment on the door side of the hinge, the front fender bolts are tight and the door still has to go out, so I guess I need to add shims to the cab side of the hinge that I didn't need before... common? The top back of the door is still out further than the bottom so a shim on the hinge will make it worse.

I did try the door twist and got it a little better but not good enough.

I did try more adjustments last night but made the overall picture a little worse so have to go and try again today.

On the back of the door at the latch, when it hits the second click its too far in but there is no slots on the striker plate, is it ok to slot the holes a little as a last resort?

One more problem I'm fighting is I think where the truck is sitting its just not level so I think i'm going to have to get it as close as I can for now then get the seat back in it and fired up, then move it to the driveway to see if I can get it better.

And I fess up Vic, I didn't go test fit the door before welding up the skin and its too short in the front, I had measurements for length but I musta marked something down wrong, well, too late now, maybe I can add some material later.

EDIT: I bought my cab mounts from Classic Industry's, and in this short time of install to today they are all splitting out, must be cheap Chinese rubber or something, any preference for quality cab mounts? May have to do that again eventually....

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote