View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #56
ironadict

Re: Blueballz build thread

DA68 thanks. I like the kit. I really like the a arms design. I see a lot of tubular control arms at shows but these are unique. The kit is pricy I think. Just slightly below porter built. I haven't driven the truck yet so I can't comment on handling. It does require more fitting then I expected. A couple things I do not like about it is that you are restricted to a 6" bag up front. I hate that but who knows it may end up riding fine. I also don't like that on this particular model truck I guess they can only give you 6-7" of tavel. So pretty much in the front of your ride you can only choose from low or slammed. When looking to buy they told me the kits get 10" of travel. Not so. One thing I loved about my old c10 was the lift i could get in front and back. I could ride into a show looking like a stock c10 and then just dump the **** out it.
I would avoid getting the column saver kit. Its expensive and you can buy a complete column and wheel and still have money for other parts for the price.
Over all I like the kit and what they offer. Its got a few things I don't like but I'm hoping that when its all together the good far out weighs the bad. And yeah it's hell of expensive but scotts will make you feel better about being broke by throwing in a free shirt and beer coozie.