View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #790
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Thanks everybody for checking it out... It runs well just needs that final tune on the chassis dyno once I have it all street worthy. It drives surprizingly well mannered with the auto trans. The shifting while stopped is smooth between gears going from Park and Reverse and Forward, no jerks or anything. It shifts very deliberate between forward gears but not neck jerking for a full race shift kit .... that may change a bit when Im shifting with it WOT! The throttle is a little light right now, so a little GOES A LOT very quickly... need tighter or heavier springs maybe on it. The tires spin with little effort, maybe just cause they are new..... I don't think the 900+ HP has anything to do with that ------ lol

Speaking of HP- The supercharger is pretty quiet (right now) but maybe that's just because the open headers are SO LOUD!!!!---- right now.... Next is the 3" exhaust system getting put together with some muffs and the electric cutouts out the sides of the front fenders.... just for fun.

I love this shot:

The brake pedal problem is still a problem that i just dont trust fully. I had a machine shop key the lever end and the pedal end is only set screwed, but I feel it moving, so I just reused it to make the drive down the driveway. Im gonna remove all that and make a pedal welded shaft with a keyway for the lever to the booster. Thats the next mechanical project to get done.

The PS and the hydroboost work great otherwise, love the easy steering and the strong pedal feel to the brakes. It STOPS very well with these Wilwoods.

Last edited by ptc; 09-17-2019 at 12:59 PM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote