View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #17
_Ogre

Re: dual electric fans question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56hotrodred View Post
Ogre thanks for your response. I actually don't have the ramjet engine yet but am trying to do the final mockups before I head south for a few months this winter. But if all goes well I will have it ordered and sitting at the dealer waiting for me when I get back.

I have been doing my mockup with a 283 with its stock distributor. I am most interested in what you have said regarding the"huge plug coming off the back of the distributor" and your "modification of the mefi controller and coil brackets."

I am thinking that I need to put the cab back on the frame to see how much room I have back there and if I will need to do the same. Modifying the firewall has always scared me but I like the looks of yours!

Do you have any idea of how much farther the "huge plug" sticks out as compared to the stock distributor?

Also did you have to modify the mefi controller and coil brackets because of space available back there or because you just wanted to move?
this is the best pic i could find on line of the ramjet 350 plug. this is in a tri5 chevy, he was able to index the distributor to make it work. i tried indexing mine to the side and hit the firewall. this is the plug plus you have the female end and wires. sticks out 2 inches from what i recall. my firewall mod could have been smaller, the distributor is not an issue only the plug.

the mefi controller and coil brackets are designed to mount on the back of the each head. doesn't work on our trucks.

yeah you need to throw the cab on to check the fit. both fuel lines exit on back near the same area too. you can see the supply line up front and the return regulator behind the distributor in this pic. i had the stock front motor mounts on the sbc when i fabbed the motor and trans mounts. my motor is in the stock location for a v8.

if you winter anywhere near sarasota fl, look me up. i'll be heading down after xmas
heading south for you could be kalispell montana

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote