View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #81
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
wow I really like that color for the dash, I did my 49 entire interior (seat, carpet) in that color and it was IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. needed floor mats for the floor mats.

craigslist sure has the scourge sometimes. a guy was texting me on the 41, he had a mid 50s ford as a partial trade, and its just my opinion but I think those might be the ugliest ford trucks made, but he was looking to get top trade dollar for it (with a bad motor, primer etc) and told ME that without even seeing mine he expected there to be some wiggle room on the cash difference he would pay. :/ I told him I couldnt go any further, I didnt really want his truck to begin with and the fact his price was non negotiable but mine was negotiable told me everything I needed to know. reminded me of the guy from MO on the 65, his one note trumpet was "I KNOW WHAT THESE TRUCKS ARE WORTH!". I sold it for almost 4k more than his best offer, and sold the wheels separately for another 4k.
I'm planning to do the dash, inner roof and around the rear window in this cream color. The seat will be black pleated vinyl, and the black lined floor with rubber mats.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean... Craigslist people just make it where it's not worth it to mess with sometimes. There's actually times that I'll scrap or throw parts away just because I don't want to deal with the Craigslist people.