View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #20
Corte's Speed Shop

Re: 1966 Aluminum P10 Grumman Olsonette

I haven't made any posts in nearly a year regarding this project, but I have kept busy making progress.

I picked the frame up from my buddy's powder coating shop last week and spent the weekend assembling rear suspension, trailing arm cross member, fuel lines, compressors, etc.

Engine plans changed this summer after I windowed the block in my Chevelle due to a boost control issue. Shortly afterwards I scored a 4.8 from another buddy down in Albuquerque. Thinking I may pull the Comp cam from the Chevelle and swap it in as long as things didn't get hurt in the top end of that motor.

I also came across a deal for a 4L80E that I couldn't pass up and figured it would be the best option since the rear axle has the factory 4.11 ratio. I've got the engine and trans both painted up and almost ready to go. Waiting on an H3 oil pan and a TransGo shift kit to show up before I can set those two between the frame rails.

I set a 27" tire up front to get an idea of fitment. Thinking I'll probably end up going a touch shorter to have things looking like I want them to. Hoping to pick up a set of tires this week and should have a roller in another couple weeks.

So far this has been a pretty budget minded project. I bought the P10 for $400, 4.8 for $300, 4L80E for $300, Rally Wheels for $200, and have been able to use parts from previous projects to help out. Powder coating was a little bit of a splurge, but my OCD won that mental argument. The suspension and brakes will likely be the most expensive portion of this project. Was just thinking about a driveshaft and laughed out loud thinking it will probably cost almost as much as my engine and transmission combined.
Attached Images

Corte's Speed Shop is offline   Reply With Quote