View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #25
56hotrodred

Re: dual electric fans question(s)

So I finally made a decision after lots of research and several emails with Jim Allen at US Radiator. I bought the radiator from them. Jim by the way is great to deal with. He showed much patience with me and really helped me figure this out.

I have purchased 2 -12 inch Spal fans from Summit pushing out ca.1350 cfm each and are only 2.44 inches thick. They are on their way to US Radiator as we speak. This should with the ca. 1/2 inch shroud keep me at about 3 inches in overal width. This is what I was shooting for all along!

Jim has agreed to increase the width of the stock shroud by 1 inch to allow the two 12 inch fans to be mounted in it. I will need to slightly modify it to allow fitment for the inlet and outlet hoses. This will be minimal, somewhere around 3/8 of an inch on each side just around the hoses. Probably have to do small notch for the drain as well. This of course will mean I cannot return it but that's okay by me.

This whole process was also greatly aided by our forum members.

I may have been okay with the 11 inch fans in the stock shroud but with air conditioning and a 4 row radiator that is 3 inchs thick really felt that I needed the extra cfm.

Anyway thanks all who contributed. Once I have it all mounted I will post pictures for sure.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote