View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #32
Don Quixote

Re: Issues with restored trucks

Mine is a daily driver and has been for the last 20 years. It's my long distance runner and my old reliable. I do a lot to make it more so without taking away from why I bought it back then to begin with. I run a 292 I just had built and a 465 but I switched the rear out to a 14 bolt for parts availability. My Armstrong steering never broke so I never fixed it, I would love air conditioning but I never got around to it so I roll down the windows and sit happily in a blast furnace. The unfortunate thing is I have never had the money or the time to do the body work properly so that it's suffering terribly and I feel bad. I went backwards on the choke and use a cable because I find them to be simple to use in all sessions and I installed a second gas tank in the rear because I'm always on the road and I installed the stitch where the hand throttle would have gone on the dash with a choke knob so it looks like the rest of the controls, you know, natural. I'd love to see it with good metal and paint and not leak water all over the place, how do I get there if I have no body work ability and I've never been able to quite find a good body shop? :P

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote